You’re so excited. Your storage shed has finally arrived! So many decisions on how to fully utilize your space and maintain its fresh appearance and appeal. As with your home, maintaining your shed is necessary for longevity and curb appeal.
Here is a list of a few ideas we find that may be of use to help you create and maintain your shed, whether your purpose is a tool shed, man cave, she shed or workshop.
- Underpinning to inhibit animals or critters to take up residence under your shed. Whether it be for curb appeal or simply a wire mesh screening, add a barrier securely around the band boards to help keep annoying small animals, such as squirrels and rodents, from moving in under your portable building.
- Fill that space! It’s time to start adding items to your storage building. If you customized your building and added shelf units or a workbench, these offer pre-built solutions for storage options. If not, there are other ways to create organization to your shed. Nails, wall hooks, pegboard, magnetic boards, empty jars are all great ways to help organize items in your storage space. Do your research and decide what is the best solution for you.
- Maintain a walkway thru your storage shed to have access throughout. Keep interior clean with a broom or outdoor vacuum to help get rid of cobwebs, dirt, spiders, grime, etc. in your tool shed.
- Maintain exterior with an occasional pressure washing. A few years down the line you might want to apply a fresh coat of paint to help maintain your curb appeal.
- Organize the clutter. Over time you will accumulate items that may get outdated or of no use. Occasionally go thru and toss any unused items that could be hazardous or taking up useful space.
Need a new shed, cabin, or workshop? We offer new and used Sheds for Sale. We are here to help solve your storage needs. You can start with our online shed designer to design the shed of your dreams or visit us at one of our dealer locations or manufacturing facility. We will be glad to help you get your project started.
Need customization? No problem! We offer multiple options to help create the storage space you need.